We'd love to help you invest in some volunteers!
We recruit for not-for-profit volunteer engaging organisations and also for public service opportunities. We don't recruit volunteers for commercial organisations or private individuals.
Volunteering Gloucestershire receives more than 2,500 enquiries from people wanting to volunteer each year from a wide cross-section of the community with diverse interests and skills to offer. We know that around 19% of these applications result in placement. We get this figure from the feedback the organisations we recruit for participate in.
We recruit all over Gloucestershire but if you need volunteers in the Forest of Dean, you should also
contact Forest Voluntary Action Forum
If you need a highly skilled volunteer from the business world, a group for a practical project or other "Employer Supported Volunteers" contact our partners Involve Gloucestershire
We're experts at volunteer recruitment and would love to share our Volunteer Recruitment Troubleshooter with you!
Basic Recruitment Service
We will promote your volunteer opportunities via this website and other appropriate channels. In return, we expect you to respond promptly to the volunteers we refer and also to our feedback requests. To register your volunteering opportunities with us, please complete a registration form
. Currently there is no charge for this service.
Recent success stories:
I would like to request that our PIP Volunteer advert be taken down from your website. The advert has generated a lot of interest and we have received a number of applications which we are currently progressing.
We have really appreciated your help publicising this vacancy - Stroud CAB
Thanks so much for your help with this, I have already had one volunteer! Really appreciate it, we couldn’t run the event without our lovely volunteers - Felicity Davies, Gloucester City Council - National Meadows Day
The volunteers who have joined us have been fantastic and the park is looking very well cared for.- Lorna, Friends of Hatherley Park
I am delighted to say XXXX started with us in April and she is volunteering in our Education Department as an Admin Volunteer on a Thursday and getting on really well. Thank you. Suzie McDonnell, Volunteer Manager, Longfield
XXXX has just had his DBS form sent off and will be volunteering with us in Stratford; obviously not your official area but he lives on the border; we are intending for him to volunteer once a week and he wouldn’t have found out about P3 without you – so thank you very much
... thank you so much for all your help directing volunteers to us, Allyson, Cheltenham Samaritans
Important note about DBS Checks
We also offer a premium service:
- You get a "Donate" button on every volunteering role displayed on the Volunteering Gloucestershire website linking to your JustGiving or other fundraising page.
- There are also share buttons for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Plus
- We hold your Application Pack and email it out to applicants. Some charities find this a useful filter and time saver.
The price for this service is currently £100/year. Please contact us
Enhanced Volunteer Recruitment and Management Services
Using our experience, local knowledge and the resources of our host charity CCP, we work with a number of organizations on a contract basis to help them get their volunteering programme right. Elements of this enhanced service include:
- Analyzing volunteer requirements and roles
- Targeting appropriate "markets"
- Helping you design and implement modern volunteer management practices and policies
- Recruitment solutions to save you time by increasing the proportion of quality applications you get.
To find out more information about this service or discuss your volunteer requirements please contact us
Other Volunteer Centre Services
We also offer:
- Space in Cheltenham: Through our parent charity CCP we are occasionally able to offer space in central Cheltenham for small meetings.
- DBS (was CRB) Checks – Umbrella Service: Some volunteer and paid roles require a DBS check while others are not eligible. We can advise on this and offer a low cost DBS Umbrella Service which will save you time and money if you need less than 100 checks a year.
For either of the above services, please contact us